Roundview Capital (RVC) was originally formed in 1992 as Alter Asset Management. Our founders, Howard Alter and Stephen Shueh, established the firm to provide discretionary Investment Management and Family CFO services for high net worth individuals and families.
To accomplish this goal, our team of professionals created a platform designed to provide an exceptional level of service.
- YOUR FAMILY CFO - Our goal is to provide your family with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that all of your financial affairs are well attended. To this end, we approach all relationships with a comprehensive and integrated framework to provide clarity and insight into the myriad and complex questions involved in managing your wealth. Learn More>>
- A TAILORED APPROACH – Client portfolios are customized and structured in accordance with objectives/goals, risk tolerance, investment horizon, current income needs, and tax planning requirements.
- FOCUS ON VALUE – RVC utilizes a value-oriented, fundamental research approach to analyzing investment opportunities. We rigorously analyze the entire capital structure of individual businesses to identify the most attractive risk-reward propositions among publicly traded securities.
- PARTNERSHIP MODEL – Our portfolio managers invest their own personal wealth in the same securities that are included in our clients’ portfolios. In other words, we eat our home cooking. Before an investment is purchased on a client’s behalf, it must always pass the test of “Would I buy this for my own family?”
- FIDUCIARY STANDARD – RVC’s business model allows us to place our client’s interest first in investment management and financial planning, as we do not accept fees or commissions from any outside firms.
RVC was formed with the idea that all employees of the firm should have an ownership stake in the company. This partnership theme extends to all aspects of the business. It provides RVC with a distinct competitive advantage since all members of the company have a vested interest in the success of clients.
Over time, the firm has assembled a team of seasoned professionals, with several decades of experience in fields such as investment research, portfolio management, financial planning, accounting/tax, estate planning, and general consulting.